Christmas vouchers now available for all courses.
What is CBT?
CBT is a course of compulsory basic training which all learner motorcycle and moped riders must complete before riding on the road.
How old do I need to be?
16 for Moped riders (Category AM)
17+ For Motorcycles(125cc /15bhp)
To begin riding a motorcycle on the road you must be at least 17 years old and hold a driving licence, which allows you to ride motorcycles (Category A). The licence can be any of the following:
- A provisional driving licence. This provides provisional car, motorcycle and moped entitlement.
- A full car licence. This provides provisional motorcycle entitlement.
- If you hold a Full moped licence. This provides provisional motorcycle entitlement.
Any other requirements?
- Be able to read a standard number plate @ 20.5m and
- Medically fit (i.e. not signed off under a doctors note) and
- Most importantly you want to ride your bike!
What happens after?
Your CBT certificate is valid for a 2-year period from issue. After completing your CBT learner riders may ride:
- A solo motorcycle up to 125cc with 15bhp.
- A moped or scooter up to 50cc (for 16 year olds)
You then have a choice depending on your age:
- Remain riding on your CBT certificate.
- Take a 125cc motorcycle to test 17+
- Take a 395cc motorcycle to test 19+
- Progress onto our Direct Access Course 24+
So how do I book my CBT?
It’s easy just call us on 07872 319 161.
The cost of our course is £130 (£140 in Abergavenny with limited Saturday availability only) which includes up to 7 hours training if required, all bike hire and equipment etc.
We run the course on: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and alternate weekend dates.
To book a course you need to pay the full payment, this can be done over the phone by any debit or credit card.Please give us a call for latest availability.
On the day.
> You will need to present your VALID drivers license.
> Glasses if you wear them. Read a number plate from 22 metres.
> Firm shoes or boots (no steel caps) and no trainers.
> Please provide waterproofs if needed.
> Helmets and gloves are provided.
> Please also bring some lunch for the day.
Biketrain Wales requires 5 working days notice to cancel or postpone all courses. We will administer a £25 charge in the event of a change of course date within this period. We retain the right to withhold the full amount paid in the event of personal cancellation, failed eyesight test or non attendance on the course day. No payments will be lost in the event that Biketrain Wales has to cancel or postpone courses.